For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following definitions will apply:
Curious Moments Photography is the trading name of Aimée Harris.
Photographer – with reference to these terms and conditions is solely Aimée Harris.
Customer / Client- is the person/s or organisation to whom the invoice is addressed (whether or not the customer is acting for a third party).
Photograph / Image means all photographic material supplied by Curious Moments Photography, this includes prints, files, designs, or any other item that is supplied by Curious Moments Photography for the purpose of reproduction.
These terms and conditions are applicable to all orders, quotes and services provided by the photographer, and are applicable at every stage of the process.
For the purpose of these terms and conditions the following definitions will apply:
1 -Photo Shoot Bookings
- All bookings are subject to availability. All bookings take place either at the photographers home studio or at an agreed location.
- You will receive confirmation of your appointment by sms text, email or through social media messaging. You will also receive your Photo Shoot guide (where appropriate) via email, social media messaging or post.
- All photo shoots include the use of my props subject to availability – although the upmost care is taken to ensure the condition of props, any use during photo shoots, is entirely at the clients’ risk.
- I reserve the right to make changes to the prices as shown in the packages and pricelist at any time, however you will only pay the price that was shown on the website at the time of making your booking.
- It is the responsibility of the client to notify the photographer if there are any medical conditions or physical disabilities that may have an effect on the photography shoot
- For each booking there is a non-refundable booking fee which secures your slot. This booking fee will be deducted from the balance of the session (where applicable). This balance is due on the day of the photo shoot – no exceptions.
- On making a booking you agree that you have looked at the photographs’ within the website and are happy with the photographers ‘style’, if you are looking for a different ‘style’ of photograph – this must be discussed before making your booking.
2 – Changing Bookings
- If, after receiving your confirmation, you need to change your booking appointment, please call Aimée immediately on 07425 166953
- Bookings can be changed free of charge (see point 2.4) if you give me at least 48 hours notice (cake smash sessions see point 2.3). For clients that give the photographer less than 48 hours notice, this change may be subject to an administration fee of £20.
- Cake smash sessions can be rearranged free of charge (see point 2.4) if you give me a minimum of 1 full weeks notice. For clients that give the photographer less than 1 full weeks notice, the client will subject to a fee of £35.
- Bookings can be changed once on your original booking fee – as long as the minimum notice has been given (as stated in point 2.2 & 2.3) Your new booking must be made within 2 weeks of the original booking date.
3 – No Shows
- If for any reason after receiving your confirmation, you fail to attend your photo shoot appointment, you forfeit your booking fee – This is to cover the cost of the time already booked with the photographer.
- If your session is a model call and you fail to attend your session – you will lose your slot and will not be invited to attend any future model call sessions.
4 – Cancelling Appointments
- If you wish to cancel an appointment you will forfeit your booking fee – This is to cover the cost of the time already booked with the photographer. If however you wish to re-arrange your booking please see point 2.
5 – Payment
- A non-refundable booking fee is to be paid at the time of booking. The booking fee will be deducted from your session fee.
- Your session fee balance is due on the day of your photo session – no exceptions.
- The outstanding balance is due to be paid by the client to the photographer by the date shown on the invoice and no orders for prints or products will be processed until payment is received.
- Payments can be made via CASH, CHEQUE, or BANK TRANSFER only. If paying by cheque your booking will not be secured until the amount has cleared into the photographers account. Cheques are not accepted for bookings made at short notice as it does not allow time for the funds to clear into the photographers account.
6 – Photography & Sessions
- The photographer’s judgement in all matters regarding locations, composition, poses, number of photographs taken and all such like matters shall be deemed to be correct.
- It is the photographers responsibility to supply cameras and other equipment necessary to carry out the photo shoot.
- To carry out the photographic works the photographer may appoint an assistant of her choice.
- The customer is responsible for ensuring that persons, objects and locations necessary for carrying out the photo shoot are available and / or accessible.
- The customer will be held liable for costs incurred and third party costs if the customer does not fulfil the obligations (as stated in the previous point).
- It is not the responsibility of the photographer to obtain the approval of persons to be photographed (model release) nor of legitimate persons on location (location release) concerning the planned usage of the photographic images, if the customer has designated the persons or locations that are to be photographed.
- If the session involves a baby/child/children/animal/adult and during the session will not co-operate in any way or is not willing to have their photograph taken or in the case of young children/babies cries during this session – this is not the photographers fault and does not deem you the right to an alternative date or session for free. I will work with what I have on the day and I will happily rearrange a new shoot on an alternative date which will be charged at the current rate to cover the photographers time involved. In the case of a package deal you will only be charged for a session fee for the alternative date.
- There is strictly no photography or videography in any form (which includes the use of items such as mobile phones) to take place during the session other than that carried out by the photographer – anyone found do be doing so will be asked to leave and will forfeit their session fee to cover the photographers time and work carried out.
- Any damages caused to property, equipment, props and any other item owned by the photographer, that are caused by the client or people/pets that are with the client – the client will be charged for the repairs or replacements at the cost value.
- Please ensure you arrive on time for your session – anyone that arrives late and the photographer deems that there is insufficient time to complete the session you will be asked to rearrange and an admin fee will be charged to cover the time lost by the photographer
- Whilst every care is taken at every stage of the photographic process, Curious Moments Photography shall not be liable to the client for any failure, in whole or in part, to fulfil her obligations of a booking where failure arises as a result of an event or circumstances beyond her control, which may include (but are not limited to) equipment failure, inclement weather, illness or injury.
- Curious Moments Photography can accept no responsibility for any losses incurred as a result of any such failure beyond a full refund of the original photo shoot fee (if payment has already been received).
8 – Orders
- When placing an order for prints / products your order will not be processed until full payment is received.
- Once you have placed your order you are agreeing the approval of the item/s and understand that no item can be altered or refunded once ordered.
- Each item is bespoke and individually produced – for this reason there are no refunds
- Every item is individually checked by myself for quality before you are invited to collect. Once you collect your items you are agreeing that your order is of satisfactory quality. Any anomlies in your order must be raised at the time of collection.
- Once your order has been handed over you are responsible for its care. Any damaged casued is at the cost of the client.
9 – Delivery of items
- All prints and products are to be collected by the client unless otherwise agreed
- If it is agreed that the items are to be posted, Curious Moments Photography makes every effort to deliver photographs without risk of damage, however I accept no responsibility for damage to any photographs whilst in transit if they are posted to you.
- All delivery dates are estimates. Whilst every reasonable effort shall be made to keep any delivery date, time of delivery shall not be of the essence and I shall not be liable for any losses, costs, damages or expenses incurred by the Client or any other person or company arising directly or indirectly out of any failure to meet any estimated delivery date.
- Failure by the client to pay for any delivery when due shall entitle me to with-hold any services or goods until payment is received and the Client shall be liable for any costs incurred by the Supplier relating to such Goods.
- Any delivery of Goods to be made to the Client’s address – the Client shall make all arrangements necessary to take delivery of the Goods whenever they are tendered for delivery.
10 – Privacy
- I shall not use your details for any purpose other than communications about your photo shoot and images, and to supply you with information relating to any offers.
- Curious Moments Photography may contact you by post, telephone, SMS text, social media messaging or email. But I will not sell or pass on your details to anyone else.
- On social media sites your name / profile may be ‘tagged’ to photos or in posts – this is to draw your attention to the material shown
- Curious Moments Photography holds the right to use any of the photographic and/or videographic material taken for the use of: advertising, use on websites, social media, leaflets, posters or by any other means in print and online. If you wish to remain annonymous please advise prior to your session and your name/s will not be mentioned.
11 – Changes To Terms And Conditions
- My mission is to provide a high quality service to my clients. In order to do so I must reserve the right to change these terms and conditions without notice at any time.
12 – Copyright
- All copyright of photographic images remains solely with Curious Moments Photography.
- The customer acknowledges that the photographic images supplied by the photographer constitute copyright material. Curious Moments Photography retains the entire copyright in the photographs at all times throughout the world.
- No part of this website may be reproduced, stored or transmitted in any form or by any means. The reproduction by whatever means of the whole or part of any image displayed on this site is strictly forbidden.
- Images shall not be added to, manipulated, any part removed or altered.
- Any breach of these terms may result in legal action being taken.
- There is strictly no photography or videography in any form (which includes the use of items such as mobile phones) to take place during the session other than that carried out by the photographer.
- All images remain the property of the Curious Moments Photography and they will be used how the photographer sees fit (see point 10.4)
13 – Child Protection
- A child is defined as a person under the age of 18 (The Children Act 1989)
- I take the issue of child protection very seriously
- Curious Moments Photography hold the right to use any of the photographic material of the children it photographs for advertising, use on websites, social media, leaflets, posters or by any other means. If you specifically do not want to allow your Childs’ photo to be displayed by one of these means, written confirmation must be received by the parent or guardian of the child.
- I will never reveal any personal details like address’ of any child I photograph. However, some images may contain names / time and date of birth etc if that is the style of the photograph. These may be displayed unless written confirmation is received by the parent or guardian of the child stating that you do not wish for this information to be shown.
- During the photo shoot there may be times when the photographer may need to assist in manoeuvring your child into a position or pose. You will always be asked if your child can be moved a position, and I will only ever do so with your consent (you will be made aware of what is happening at all times).
14 – Image Editing
- Image editing includes basic retouching of skin (removal of small blemishes and flakes of skin, creative input to enhance colours and backgrounds
- Does not include editing that invloves drastically changes someones appearance
- If you want your hair/make up/clothing a certain way please ensure you have it styled prior to attending your session as these are not included in editing